11 October 2012

Dream Diary Part 2 - HSC!!!

I had another dream last night. I think the upcoming exams have made me dream a lot. One of them – the hail one – could be linked directly to a HSC exam, whereas others – such as the weird not-quite-juvie place – have elements that are associated with my school without necessarily being an “Argh HSC” thing, and others only link because of a feeling of stress or confusion.

There was one a few nights ago that was really weird and I can’t make sense of what I do remember. I think it was influenced a little by The Guild and also other YouTube things that I was watching but can’t remember now. The dream person whose body I was inhabiting, because she wasn’t really me, was really conflicted and in pain over something and this guy was sitting with her. They were watching some people do whatever they were doing in normal dream life. The guy was trying to make the girl feel better over something. He initially informed her that he could make her immediately forget if they did this certain thing that she said no to for ethical reasons, before then trying to help her through talking and being there for her and stuff. Her resolve was crumbling on the other thing. More, forgotten, stuff probably happened. I woke up.
Last night’s one was definitely based on the no-longer-friends situation. I can’t remember the first part of it, but I think we said ‘hi’ etc briefly and so re-established a friendly-acquaintance-type relationship, which is what I’d probably want with her. The second part was us electing house captains (we were both in the same house at school). Except it wasn’t quite house captains, as my friend Cassie was already the sports house captain and because it was in the hall and everyone from the year was there. I guess my subconscious invented an unnecessary position. Anyway, like with the house captain elections, not many people put up their hands because prefects and school captains and house captains had already been elected and they couldn’t go for this while retaining their original position. (Though for some reason our male school captain went for this position for his house, and sleeping-me had no doubt that he would get it...) Few girls were going for the academic-and-social-rather-than-sport-based house captain position for any of the houses. Not that many guys were either, but there was one per house at least. Another friend and I were debating going for it if no one else did just to make sure that we had someone, when my ex-friend decided to go for it. Another girl followed then suddenly a bunch of girls went up to the stage to do impromptu speeches (the captain had already done his meticulously prepared, excellent one). So there were two girls from my house going for it. My ex-friend, who I would have still voted for if I thought she’d be the best option but dream-me didn’t think that she would be, and another girl who is okay but I don’t really know well enough to confidently vote to have her represent our house (waking-me, however, has realised that her surname begins with M and so she wouldn’t have been in my house anyway...). Everyone else’s votes were collected before I made up my mind, I think to vote for my ex-friend, and handed mine in.

I don’t dream much. Or at least it is extremely rare that I remember them. So the fact that I am actually dreaming and recalling details, however sparse the details may be in some dreams, makes me want to record them and analyse them. And it makes me want to be on the other side of the exams so that I can be relaxing and cleaning up my room and playing D&D and Halo and writing frantically (I’m going to start NaNoWriMo after the exams if I’m in the right frame of mind) and hopefully working and not stressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment