30 September 2012

Dream Diary - Maybe I Should Study Divination if At Hogwarts

I rarely remember my dreams. In fact, I don’t even know if I normally dream. Every now and then I do get a dream that really interests me and I remember relatively well...but that’s happened for the last three nights. So, time to record them. If you’re reading this and you’re not interested, I completely understand. I’ve dotpointed what I remember to try to get down as much as possible and it’s not completely ordered, but I want a record of them and it’s interesting to see how different aspects of life, games or shows have interwoven themselves into my dreams.
 
Note: some spoilers for Castle.
 
Dream 1: Night of the 27-28 September
-        It was set in what I assume was juvie. It was less strict than what I’d imagine juvie to be, so maybe more like a ‘send your semi-delinquent children here for the summer’ thing, but I’m not really sure.
-        I realised afterwards that at least part of it was set at my high school.
-        I think I started as an incorporeal, invisible observer but then became the supervisor person before returning to this initial state for the ending.
-        There was a bomb/intruder drill. The organisers had set up sniper guns (without the person, I’m pretty sure), balloons in the air (according to my subconscious “The balloons are the worst part” – Luftaballoons song???) and some other threat. We were evacuating everybody onto a bus. I just remember watching people slowly walk and talk their way out of there – probably a flashback to a drill we had at school, either the one where not even the teacher near us knew that it was a drill but we ended up just standing around, in sight, in the classroom anyway because there were no curtains so we figured that there was no way to hide or the drill where we were in the senior study centre and waited for a friend to pack up her stuff before everyone slowly wandered to the evacuation point.
-        The meeting place was actually the back of the school instead of our actual evacuation point.
-        Three or so people were commended for treating it seriously. They apparently actually noticed the fake sniper gun and balloons and other thing and so were quiet and careful and aware, etc.
-        While I was really proud of my subconscious (and slightly disturbed) for the whole “the balloons are the worst part” (apparently they were normal balloons but when they exploded they dropped shrapnel, or when they popped they dropped explosives, or something); it was either my subconscious recalling the 99 Red Balloons song or thinking about the atomic bombs.
-        After talking to my best friend and looking up the lyrics, I found that the first one isn’t actually about killer balloons and had an even more different meaning in its original German form. So my subconscious was actually mistaken. However, it could also have been due to the fact that our English Extension module is After the Bomb, giving more credence to my best friend’s unasked-for-but-given school-related analysis of my dream.
-        Said analysis: you see school as a prison that you need to be free from. Also, you’re afraid of balloons.
 
Dream 2: Night of the 28-29 September
-        Can’t remember, but I briefly retold it to Mum yesterday
 
Dream 3: Night of the 29-30 September
-        Background: I’ve been watching some Castle clips on YouTube lately. I haven’t watched the show but my brother has mentioned it to me before, so I stumbled across clips and, um, started to search for more. He has the DVDs so I’m going to settle for YouTube clips until the exams are over and I can add it to my list of TV shows to watch or rewatch.
-        I can’t quite remember this one. It was kind of like a Halo combat mode setting in terms of there being a few bases and different forces. Most of the combatants were from my school year. I kept switching between myself and Beckett in the dream (I do sometimes switch places depending on the action or whatnot, but this time it seemed to be more us being the same person and it just being that I was me while interacting with classmates and Beckett while interacting with Castle or the Castle’s ex character that was introduced). The me-Beckett was dating Castle but keeping it a secret.
-        One of my schoolmates (and, in this case, comrades) gets distracted a lot and is amazing at some things but not really ‘there’ with other things (ironically, this is one of the things that he would have been good at and so all the concern was unnecessary). There was a mixture of protecting him – Castle ended up offering to make a cot thing for him, which ended up being a bed that he for some reason referred to as a cot anyway, and somehow it helped him participate while protecting him – and using his talents. I think at one stage we realised that he was great at attacking (I can’t recall whether or not we had guns or some other kind of weapon or even if we didn’t have weapons but were still somehow ‘attacking’ from a distance without magic) but the next ‘day’ the cot had disappeared and some of the girls in my cohort that I didn’t really like were saying that it didn’t really matter. I wanted to make him a new ‘cot’ but it required better woodwork skills (think the Sims or Runescape’s skill levelling system) than I had and Castle wasn’t there yet. I could only make stakes. So pouty me (me not Beckett) left the base and ended up going to Olly’s. They didn’t have any noticeable weapons either but we did talk about whether or not I was there to spy on them (I said that maybe they could use the opportunity to get information about my base by spying on me). I ended up setting up in a corner somewhere and whittling away at the stake. Before I could whittle away enough to get the required skills levels, the guys started discussing what was going on at my base as they’d seen a group of girls moving a bed thing from an unknown place to the front line. So I stormed back up to my base to ask why they hadn’t revealed that they had access to one and why they were going to station the guy on the front line. Apparently Castle had returned and was really annoyed because five of our best attackers (including the Beckett version of me) weren’t there. I got back, told him what happened, etc. I think his ex tried to hit on him.
-        I’m not sure if I’m missing a chunk here or whether it just cut to the next thing, but the Beckett-me and Castle were in some house and trying to keep going for something. We may have left because of the argument (unlikely) or maybe it was his ex’s house as she’d been trying to hit on him (maybe). Anyway, we talked for a bit to whomever owned the house then decided that it was time to get out. There were a bunch of figurines on the window but this small space that we thought that Beckett-me could get out of without knocking the figurines off. I couldn’t. I did exceptionally well considering that the window was relatively small and it would probably take the whole space for anyone to actually get through it. But anyway, I slowly made my way through it. When I was straddling the windowsill, I started trying to use my hands to make sure that none of the figurine things fell out the window. Castle expressed interest in looking at one of them in more detail as it was somehow relevant to something he wanted or needed to do. The figurines fell. He came out after me. We found out that there was actually a cloth underneath the figurines so when an edge of it fell off, everything fell off.
-        The ex and Beckett’s co-workers ended up hurrying up and Castle and Beckett (this time I wasn’t actually in her body, I was kind of just floating and observing) kissed a few times and smiled before looking at the others to tell them that they’d been together for a while by that point in time.
-        After I woke up I wondered whether they would actually reveal their relationship willingly in such a way or whether someone would work it out or catch them.
 
 
As a point of interest (these aren’t all going to be before I go to uni):
Rewatch: 24, Gilmore Girls, first four seasons of Supernatural, maybe I Dream of Jeannie
Watch: Castle, latest few seasons of Supernatural, maybe Sherlock

No comments:

Post a Comment