21 September 2012
Things to do in 2013/2013 checklist/plan that still needs a snappy name as badly as a PIP does in July
So, the past year or two I made New Year’s resolutions and,
like pretty much everyone who makes them, didn’t keep them. The idea of a
resolution made at the end of year somehow having a greater likelihood of being
kept is laughable. However, it is still an opportunity to focus yourself on the
things that you want to focus on doing and some people may find that the
knowledge that it’s this big widely done thing helps to motivate them. This is
a slightly different concept, but hopefully one that I will find easier to
achieve. I’m happy with my life but there are lots of things that I haven’t
done or will probably be too self-conscious to do that I really want to do at
some point. So I’m compiling a checklist of things to do in 2013. I’ve toyed
around with the idea of having 365 things (achievable but tough and quite a few
of the things would probably end up being really lame, unimportant and easily
achieved just to reach the right number) or 2013 things (yeah, um, way
unachievable both in thinking of meaningful ideas and in achieving them) and
decided upon just writing a list of things and seeing how many good, slightly
tough but achievable things I come up with. I found that one of my main
problems with my New Year’s resolutions was remembering them. I had planned to stick
them up in relevant places to try to remind myself of them, but didn’t. So this
checklist will generally contain relatively short term activities, such as
finding a job (which will hopefully happen this side of Christmas), winning
NaNoWriMo and taking some fencing classes at university. There may be some
longer ones, such as reading a certain amount of books (I’m aiming for a
hundred this year) and ensuring that I stay in touch with old friends, but
these will hopefully be in the minority. Anyway, I was going to post what I’ve
got so far but waiting until things are finished is generally a good idea, so
it’ll probably be up after Christmas when I’ve finalised it. This is just a heads up so anyone who actually reads this has time to consider writing their own before the new year.
Labels:
2013 new things
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment